Friday, August 31, 2007

The best-laid plans ....

My morning is NOT going quite as planned (I say that as if it's an unusual occurrence). I had the brilliant idea to throw dinner in the crockpot and then take the kids for a nature outing. Well, lo and behold, not only do I need to cut up the chicken (a job I HATE and usually give to dh), but then I have to cook the chicken BEFORE it goes in the crockpot. What kind of timesaver is that? (Answer: none.) Meanwhile the whole time I'm trying to do this thing, Caroline, naked because I haven't had time to get her dressed yet, is pulling at my leg either demanding to eat raw chicken or insisting that I go play trains with her. playing with older siblings would not work. I regret to say that she finally settled down to sit on the kitchen floor with a bottle of hand soap she found in the bathroom, and slather it all over her body. But she was quiet and happy for 10 whole minutes, and I got to finish the crockpot thing! (sadly, this is the plight of the third child. She gets into all kinds of mischief and we don't bother until it's too late, because she's quiet and happy while she'd doing it!)
Hm, she's in the bathroom rinsing her hands now I'd better run. It's too quiet. :-)

2 comments:

Grace S said...

Lovely post. I appreciate your sacrifice, dinner was wonderful as usual.

Jenny said...

I can't deal with cutting up raw chicken either...ick! Hope the meal turned out well and was worth the extra effort. :)