Monday, December 24, 2007

For auld lang syne, my friends ...

It gets me EVERY time.

I wasn't going to do my annual viewing of It's a Wonderful Life since I stayed up way too late last night, BUT, it ran earlier than expected tonight and I had a few things to do anyway, so ... there I was, sniveling my way once again through the final rousing chorus of Hark the Herald Angels and Auld Lang Syne. Do any towns get together and sing anymore? It beats the trained sopranos I've been hearing on the classical station wobble their way through the sacred carols ... after a while they all start to sound the same, and where's the gusto, you know?

I know this movie has its detractors, and there's a side of it that's pretty depressing, but being a sentimentalist through and through, I'll always love that happy ending.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

One of my favorites, too...although I admit that I get a little annoyed with little Zu-zu's whiny voice at the end. ;)