Friday, June 20, 2008

We interrupt our regularly schedule programming ...

... to bring you a couple samples of stamp projects I've done recently. A friend named Melanie Muenchinger, whom I met through Vanessa, is this super-talented artist who designs stamps for an online company named Gina K. Designs. I'd had my eye on her sets for a while and finally took the plunge earlier this month, since I had a few specific projects in mind.
Here's something I made for Eliza's birthday -- and I TOTALLY copied it from another stamping friend, Donna. It's a tin to hold her hairclips in when she travels:


And then, a birthday card I made for my brother, who turned 25 on his honeymoon. At first I left the hippo plain but Tim thought I needed to kick it up a notch, so I covered that ample backside with some bright red boxers, decorated with glittery hearts (after all, he was getting married, LOL!). And I gave it a heart tattoo on the hiney as well. I'm not sure I've ever made something that actually made me snicker out loud, but this one did! (And if you know my brother, although he can be quite goofy, he's also a pretty conservative guy ... so I went out on a limb with this one!)



(And yes, those are brads that look like screws. Manly bling.)
(Speaking of bling, Caroline asked me the other day if she had her ears pierced, so that she could wear some "yellow flower bling-bling!" I guess she got a real education at that wedding!)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Adorable projects! I may just have to copy your idea for the hairclip tin...where did you get the tin??

Love those screwhead brads, how fun!

Hannah said...

OK, I fixed the post to include the link to the online shop where I got the tins, brads, and stamp sets -- duh, that would help!

The stamp set I used is called "Hip Hop Accessories" which goes with "Just So Hippy," all by Melanie Muenchinger.

Eliza and I are making more cards with that set right now. :-)

Melanie said...

I love that you're getting feedback from Tim! Isn't it fun when they get involved, glad he's supportive of you creative outlet! Thanks for giving me a peek of your brother's skivvies LOL! the glitter hearst are too cute!

Margo said...

Hannah that hippo is hilarious! I love the 'man bling'. :)