Monday, November 10, 2008

Three Things ...

... I'm thankful for today:

1. Getting to watch "Blue Planet" with some gigantic goggles so that I didn't descend into claustrophobic panic during my MRI (headache still among us).

2. The checker at Whole Foods -- the downtown flagship store -- deciding to give me an entire box of gluten-free pancake mix as a "free sample." No particular reason; I really was planning to pay for it.

3. My brother-in-law Allen, who turned thirty-six today and came over here with Kristen for carrot cake (from me and Central Market) and tons of smooches (from the kids). Oh, and Kristen, for babysitting on short notice -- so glad you're back in town!!! ;-)


3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Could you maybe need glasses? Maybe that is the cause of the headaches? That's what happened to Bethany. ..lots of migraines, MRI test, lots of pain relievers, and it turned out she needed glasses.

Happy birthday Allen!!! Love the smooch Eliza is giving Kristen!

Julie said...

Those goggles sound WONDERFUL..they didn't have those years ago at my MRI..and yes I went into a claustrophobic panic:( There still not fun even with the goggles I'm sure! I agree with Vanessa..hope everything's okay! Such a cute picture!

Beck said...

Those goggles sound NEAT! What a good idea! My underfunded area only recently got a bare-bones MRI, so I don't think we have the goggles yet....