Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Le Migration

And now, under the category of "Netflix-schooling ..."


I hate to even admit this on a gorgeous day like today, but we're watching Winged Migration.

It's almost wordless, at moments poignant, at other moments funny, and overall incredibly beautiful. And yes, it's holding the attention of a four year old.

Have you seen it? If you liked Planet Earth or March of the Penguins, go thou and put this in thy queue. Those French, zey have zeir ways with de filme.

4 comments:

Raji P. said...

Now you tell me. I cancelled Netflix last night. Yes, last night. After sitting on 2 movies for 2 months without watching them I figured it was time. And then you fly in with a great recommendation!

Tamara said...

I remember watching this when it came out in the theaters! We loved Planet Earth, so maybe we should try this one. I'm impressed that it can hold the attention of a 4 year old! It seems like a good way to fight attention deficit disorder :) (Which reminds me, I saw a book recently that coined the phrase "nature deficit disorder" which eventually lead me to find a site entitled "no child left inside"--both of which made me smile...and think :)

~cjoy said...

My library has it checked in at the moment...2 copies at that. Guess where we'll be headed?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this recommendation! We got it from the library today and were so impressed!