Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tis the season

Hello, friends. Just a brief post tonight because I have a HORRIBLE head cold that has me basically imprisoned in my bed waiting for a sledgehammer to just polish me off. In short, I look, sound, and feel like I belong on a Mucinex commercial. Good times.

So my plans for the week's academics have gone up in wisps of smoke, but in a stroke of good fortune, I downloaded an iPad app (which you can also get for the iPhone or iPod Touch) called Stack the States. It's been huge hit around here today, combining plenty of U.S. Geography with a little Tetris-like strategic stacking. With each level passed, you earn a state for your map, with the goal of collecting all fifty. If I had the clever skills, I'd show you a screen shot.

Suffice it to say, we recommend with two thumbs up! And hooray for the flexibility of homeschooling when mom gets hit by a Mack truck!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hm, the marriage of two of my favorite things: U.S. geography & Tetris. Now, THAT makes me want an iPad, iTouch, iWhatever. (As if Angry Birds wasn't enough already.)

Sorry you are not feeling well. My youngest is in a similar state. :(