Saturday, June 28, 2008

On the Stands

I walked into the grocery store (Central Market) this afternoon and guess what I saw on the newsstand?

My article! My article! The July issue of Parentwise:Austin is out and my very first-ever cover story is in it!!!

I felt like jumping up and down in the produce section, right there among the exotic melons. It was almost as exciting as that very first email I got from the Mothering Magazine editor offering to publish my story three years ago.

I'm not going to read the article, of course, because I never read my stories once they're in print. But you know I'm sending a copy home to Mom! LOL! I'm nervous, of course, because although I got really positive feedback from my editor, I just hope kids in the band like the story ...

(This month's issue isn't up on the PWA website yet, so you can't see it ...)

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you won't read your article off of the printing press. If it were me, I would have re-read it a thousand times while sitting at CM's cafe just basking in happiness. I'l pick up a copy when I am at Radijazz this week.

Donna Baker said...

wow! that's fantastic, Hannah! I'll have to go get one so I can show it off, I know the lady who wrote this!

Margo said...

YAY Hannah! That is SOOO exciting! I can't wait to read it!!