Friday, July 8, 2011

Poetry Friday: Peaches


This is Just To Say

I have eaten
the peaches
that were in
the Costco crate

and which
you were probably
hoping
would last all week.

Forgive me
they were delicious
so gigantic
and so wholesale-priced.

-- With apologies, once again, to William Carlos Williams.
{A repost from the archives that once again fits the bill in time for Poetry Friday -- and could also be applied to the organic raspberries I stocked up on this week.} 

P.S. Wondering what to do with an abundance of summer fruit before it spoils? Try a pavlova. I'm not kidding, y'all. It's super easy, light, grain-free, and guest-wowing. Bada bing bada bing. 

4 comments:

Karen Edmisten said...

Oh, I love it. We have had many a "with apologies to William Carlos Williams" moments around here, too. :)

Doraine said...

Fun, Hannah. Lovely pics of your crew. I have grand babies in Texas. Would love to share a Cotsco peach with them!

Julie said...

Lovely poem:) Just starting to weed out grains in my daily food intake..slowly, so thank you so much for posting a grain-free recipe!...and a desert no less!

Anonymous said...

hehehe!!! love love love. one love for the poem. one love for the pic. and one love for you. WCW is an endless source of delight to me too!