Monday, September 8, 2008

And then some sugar 'n' spice

And THIS is how you know you've got a real, live five-year-old girl on your hands.

For one thing, on her first day of co-op, when her teacher asks the group to make a friendship web out of black yarn, with each of them telling one reason why they're special, she confides, quite seriously: "I'm special because I am a princess."

Her daddy has indoctrinated her, despite her brother's efforts to the contrary.

As we all climbed into the van today, the princess immediately noted my outfit. "Oh, Mama! Your necklace matches your shirt perfectly!!!" she exulted.

Flowered top: Four dollars at neighborhood consignment shop.

Beaded multi-strand necklace: Ten dollars at Ann Taylor Outlet.

Knowing your daughter finds you presentable: PRICELESS.

7 comments:

Becca said...

Love the necklace, and love the attitude!!

em said...

First off, I miss your princess!

Second, I miss you!

Solution: Let's hang out sometime!


p.s. thanks for the HUG!

Vanessa said...

Haha! She is indeed a little princess. . .I will help Tim 'indoctrinate' the 5 year old. Love the necklace!

nicole said...

that is SO precious -- both "the princess" comments, and the mom-love :) sweet sweet sweet

Anonymous said...

I could totally relate to every single part of this post. :D

Anonymous said...

As I sit here showing Lauren your site, she asks" I wonder how they like there new home?" So I told her I would post amd ask. She also wants to know when your coming back because Eliza looks too different and wants to see her again.

Hugs to you and yours, Paula

Hannah said...

Oh, PAULA!!!! Yea, you found me! So glad to hear from you. I hope you're reading this. :-)

I'm so touched that Lauren remembers us, and I wish I could give her a better answer about when we're "coming back." I have dream of meeting up with everyone on the Carolina coast one of these days!

You can tell her that we like our new home, although it's smaller than our old one. And of course, we have chickens. :-)