Thursday, February 17, 2011

Half-Marathon Hi-Jack

Hello everyone. This is the "Professor" and I have just hacked into and hijacked Hannah's blog to enlist your support for a big event. Several months ago, you may remember that Hannah set a goal of running a 5K. Well, she's blown that away while training for the Austin Half Marathon, which she is planning to run this weekend. Sunday morning to be exact. She thrives on cheering, supportive crowds, so if you love her, and if you are in Austin, do what you can to cheer her on! Here is the course website, with a PDF of the route, and here is a handy web page for tracking her progress, if you happen to have mobile net access or can't make it to the race. She'll have to post her pace group info in the comments.
Let me give you a little background so you all understand why this is such a big deal and why you need to go cheer for her, as if running a half-marathon isn't enough on its own. To Hannah's athletic siblings, one of her many nicknames was "Tender." (get the idea?) Let's just say she wasn't known for athletic accomplishment. (Iin my opinion, anyone who gives birth to three children qualifies as a super-stud.) So now she has set this super-stretch goal, and this is a real breakthrough and a substantial personal accomplishment.
In order to help you all help her, I have produced a handy support sign that you can print out and wave or staple along the route. Click here to get the full-size printable PDF version from my DropBox account. (Don't worry, there's no cost.) Print out a few, stake out the route, and be there to cheer her on.

See you Sunday morning!

Signing off,
-The "Professor"

12 comments:

Unknown said...

GO HANNAH GO! GO HANNAH GO! I will be cheering you from home on Sunday! Whoo Hoo!!!!

Vanessa said...

Awesome! Tim, you rock! Hannah, you will no longer be "Tender" but "Machine"!

Tim said...

Machine! (in growly movie-trailer announcer voice)
I like it.

Stephanie said...

I will be out there and I will be looking for you!

Hannah said...

Oh my. Oh my oh my oh my. (((blushing.))) You do rock, darling.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! I so wish I could be there!

GO HANNAH GO!

I'm waving a virtual sign from this side of the country :)

Bethy Lynne said...

This is AWESOME! You can do it, Hannah! I'll be cheering for you from far away. That's truly comendable that you set this goal and you're going to nail it Saturday! :)

KTG said...

I agree with the Prof, you are already a champion for childbirth x 3! You can do this for sure.

Samuel said...

Sorry I won't be able to make it to cheer you on, but I know you've got this in the bag.

Unknown said...

Kristen and I are planning to be out there cheering you on!

Raji P. said...

Oh no! I did not read this post for some reason until too late! I would have come to cheer you on! I am sure you were fantastic!!!!!

B. said...

I'm sorry I couldn't be there Hannah! I am SUPER impressed though (i've never run any kind of 5k or marathon or half marathon!) Go Hannah the machine! :)