Monday, November 2, 2009

Survivor

My strong, courageous sister and her teammates (husband, friend) ran the Race for the Cure early Sunday morning.


I watched. I cheered. I forgot to wear some pink (thought about toting the nearly-empty pink water bottle from my car though!). I ran the final stretch with them, outside the barrier. (People probably thought I didn't understand the nature of the race course.) I fought back a few tears, especially seeing the runners with "In Memory Of" signs taped to their backs.

Next year, I'm hoping to run. Maybe with an "In Celebration Of" sign on MY back.




5 comments:

abbyr said...

Thank you for coming and posting this, Hannah. I really like all the pictures. It was nice to see you and visit with you.

Era said...

That's awesome! It is a very touching event. I hope to join in the race one of these days.

Amy said...

Yay Kristen!!!

Vanessa said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures Hannah.

Stephanie said...

Wow. You Bekker girls will never cease to amaze me.