Wednesday, April 13, 2011

At the Farmers' Market

"It's tempting to reach for melons, red peppers, tomatoes, and other late-summer delights before the summer even arrives. But it's actually possible to wait, celebrating each season when it comes, not fretting about it's being absent at all other times because something else good is at hand." 



"And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:12






On a day when I wanted to throw my apron over my head like Susanna Wesley for a few minutes' respite from ...
"Mom, where is my pencil?"
"Mom, how come my pencil isn't sharpening evenly?"
"Mom, where did I put my book?"
"Mom, did you see me stand on my head?"
"Mom, why did you say that one word more loudly than the others?"
...
This moment was good






1 comment:

Julie said...

Beautiful produce! We have had a whole week like that (is that normal?lol) and I am really cherishing the calm happy moments too!