Wednesday, February 27, 2008

He wants his money back

I opened my much-thumbed copy of Creative Sketches for Scrapbooking tonight, determined to finish my layout on our September excursion to Walden Pond in MA. I have to tell you, I scraplift from that book ALL THE TIME (which is to say, all the time that I scrapbook, which is pathetically little, which is why I totally rely on inspiration from others). Why re-invent the wheel when the brilliant Becky Higgins has already done all the work to draw these nifty layouts, to be adapted at one's fancy? She shows a sketch and then shows how she and three or four others designed scrapbook pages from it. Anyway, guess what I saw, at the bottom of the page, in the unmistakable, spindly handwriting of a certain 7 year old?

"I thought there were sketches in here." (WITH QUOTES!)

Dude. So aggrieved.

And so sneaky.

And yet ... so endearing.

No comments: