Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Baby is going crazy with Post-It Notes


'Nuf said.

So Eliza asks me a few minutes ago, fingers poised over the keyboard in the Google search box, "Mom, how do you spell 'Baghdad?'"
Amusing, a bit eyebrow-raising, but not entirely shocking. After all, this child is the best-informed five year old I know on the subject of Islam. (Mind you, I don't know any wee Muslims.) It's because she listens to Story of the World all the time, especially that section. Seriously, she can tell you exactly what the Hijira is. Next thing I know, she'll be asking for a burqa for her dress-up box!

Another tidbit is that my friend Melanie, stamp designer extraordinaire, is having a challenge contest right now, and I for the first time am entering! Why do I have the boldness? Because she's not judging the quality of the cards; she's merely drawing an entry at random to win one of her fabulous stamp sets. I've NEVER won anything before, but there's always hope! :-) Here's my card.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

hip hip hurray! Baghdad, really? amazing!!

Vanessa said...

I really like what you did with the background of the monkey. Was it some kind of sponging or applying the ink pad directly on the paper? I really like it.

I just learned what a Hijira is through your post. Thanks. And to know that miss Eliza already knew the meaning is fantastic.

Jenny said...

Your kids definitely wouldn't mistake a woman in a burqa for a ninja in an ice cream parlor like mine... LOL

Love the card!!

Donna Baker said...

wow, not suprised. your kids are all smart and you know how much I adore little Caroline! I love your card & hope you win!! I love the colorful bg for the monkey - very nice!