Monday, July 14, 2008

More Post-It Fun

The girls are in the other room, planning a "show" to be performed behind the curtain that is a silk blanket stretched across their doorway. They've moved on from a lengthy round of Post-It treasure hunt, in which they "hid" sticky notes all over the house for each other to find. Ah, summertime.

And where is Ian? Well, having uttered the phrase, "There's nothing to dooooo" one time too many, he is currently enrolled in Mad Science camp, learning all the technical and scientific aspects of being a Real Spy. I really thought we could make it through the summer without shelling out for any camps, but I seem to have overlooked the fact that it's at least 98 degrees here every day, that we don't live in a neighborhood with lots of kids, and that this is a child who needs a certain amount of stimulation. Kudos to my dear husband, who, twenty two seconds into my sales pitch last week, interrupted me to say, "Sign him up! I'll take him on the bike in the morning." Kudos also to my friend Stephanie for recommending the camp based on the experience of her own likeminded son. I am just PRAYING that he will enjoy it and not dig in his heels about finishing out the week, because I HATE those dilemmas. I'm just tough enough (and thrifty enough!) to know that finishing what we start is Good For Us, but not tough enough to send a miserable child back in there with a "Good Luck, Honey!"

Oops, the show is starting. Just heard my cue.

1 comment:

Donna Baker said...

ooh, I want to hear more about the show!