Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Trying this out

So here I am, jumping on the bandwagon and starting a blog! (A word that still amuses me, by the way.) I've been meaning to do this for a while, at the encouragement of my friend Jenny (If I could figure out how I'd link to you, Jenny), but alas I am quite the procrastinator when it comes to doing important but non-urgent things that I enjoy but are not easily labeled "productive." However, I have decided that doing this is indeed productive, because as you may not note from the title of my blog, putting thoughts to paper (or screen) can be a respite from all the nonstop just-keeping-up that I seem to do most of the day with my three kiddos, the house, etc. I have always enjoyed writing -- why do I resist doing it? Lack of self-discipline? Perfectionism? Annoyance at my slow computer? Probably all of the above. Anyway, an older friend of mine once observed that journaling can be therapeutic for me, with no unpleasant side effects, so although I doubt I'll reveal anything too intensely personal here, I'll do my best to keep up with it. Plus, I feel like a bit of a sponge, compulsively checking Google Reader for updates on my friends, so why not make it a two-way connection?
I'll try to figure out how to add photos, etc. There are no even-remotely-glamorous photos of me since, maybe my wedding ten years ago, LOL! Plus, I'm usually the one behind the camera. But the kids are cute, so I'll be posting them once I figure out how, or get dear tech-savvy husband Tim to show me how!

3 comments:

Tracee said...

Yay! Welcome to the world of the BLOG. Hehe. It will be so nice to be able to keep up with you en masse. LOL

Tim said...

Well, I was almost the first to comment... This is dear tech-savvy husband Tim saying how proud and admiring I am of my dear eloquent wife. Good job and keep it up My Love.

Jenny said...

Yay! You finally caved into the peer pressure! ;)

LMK if you need any instructions on any of the features on here (photos, links, etc)...I've been messing with it for a while, so I might be able to help. :)

I'm excited to have this medium for keeping up with you and your family...

Oh! And I totally agree on the in-law thing...I would NEVER give my in-laws my blog address!! LOL