Friday, August 24, 2007

Whew!

Hurray for Friday night! I don't have a whole lot to say right now, or rather I don't have a whole lot of energy to say much right now, but it is definitely time to relax! This whole week has been so busy, not just with what we've been doing, although we *were* out every day except today but also with my internal buzz, thoughts swarming around in my head nonstop so that I find it hard to actually focus on, say, making dinner over the sound of my toddler demanding my attention, or cutting out costumes for my four year old's Disney paper dolls (Sigh ... that's a whole topic unto itself -- the Disney thing, I mean). I feel like, with "school" starting up again (we're aiming for next week, when Oscar goes back to school!) there are so many decisions to make , from which of the vast array of activities to participate in to how to structure our day to how to design a daily schedule that will help my eldest flow through the day while making some contributions to the family, etc. etc. On top of it all there's the Spanish classes I'm organizing and hosting (but not teaching!), the small milk co-op I'm in charge of, the meal to make for the neighbors who just had a baby, etc. and let's just say I'm not the world's best multi-tasker. Far be it from em to do fifty things at once, and do them well. As Rachael Ray would say, "Martha doesn't live here." :-) I am constantly having to turn from my decision-making anxiety and busy mind to my Good Shepherd!
And right now I am going to turn from staring at my computer to watching Planet Earth and eating some ice cream with my beloved ...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

We've had a crazy-busy week, too...weekends come at just the right time, huh? LOL

Tracee said...

I love planet earth! we are recording it to watch with the kids. and blue planet also.