Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Letters Home

Dear Grandmommy*,

Thank you so much for the dresses you snatched up for us during the Hanna Andersson sale.

I wish you lived closer so we could have tea parties together (Good Earth tea, of course), but in the meantime, I'm practicing my twirling.

Also, thanks for the goodies and books for our 3.5-day drive home. We read one of the books, Snowed in with Grandmother Silk, this morning in the front yard on Opa's** baby quilt. This is what Caroline did while Mama was lying on her back reading to me.

Love,
Eliza


Dear Papa***,

Wasn't it so fun when I was helping Daddy put your slippers on in the bathroom last week and when I was finished, I told you that you looked nice and fancy? Now that I'm gone, I hope you have someone to help you look fancy.

And remember when we took a walk up to the animal shelter together?


We were going to see Rosie the pig, but you ended up with a rooster on your lap. Plus me. That was wow! amazing! (as I love to exclaim).

Love,



Dear Nonnie**** and Aunt Kristen,

It was so perfect to pull into our driveway after hours and days of driving and find that you had come over and cleaned our house so we'd have something nice to come home too. You are the best! Our Mom was super happy about that.

And sorry about smearing bronze glitter glue all over the potty seat and scaring you into thinking it was us being incontinent in a #2 sort of way. We can't help our addiction to glitter glue. Thanks for cleaning it up, though.

Love,
Eliza and Caroline

* My mom
** My FIL
*** My dad
**** My MIL

No comments: