Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A spring in our step

Today was one of those days that are so essentially "SPRING" that it seems a shame, an absolute travesty, to stay inside. The kiddos and I hit Bull Creek in search of another letterbox this morning -- hurray that Caroline still fits in the Ergo! Hurray that Eliza lasted the whole hike without moaning that her legs hurt! Hurray that the cup of strong coffee I drank during breakfast beat my migraine into submission!
(Oh, and we found the box!)
Apparently, I'm still caffeinated. Can! You! Tell!?

I'd write more ... but it's been a long day and I just want to do the last couple of dishes (or more accurately, I want to have the last couple of dishes DONE) and curl up with James Herriot for a bit. The author, I mean. Puh-leeeeze.

P.S. Here's the downside of having a history nut for a son. I mean, it's groovy that the boy reads the Usborne Illustrated Encylopedia of World History for fun and all, but then you're making dinner and you hear, "MO-OM??? What's a guillotine???"


Publish Post

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a great day! Wow, you really do blog differently when you're caffeinated, LOL.

Vanessa said...

So what kind of coffee do you brew. . .I need some of that!