(This is not an announcement.)
I merely ask, because as Caroline gets older, often listening in on her siblings' longer reads, sometimes days go by where we forget to cozy up with a picture book. And that's a crying shame, as I remembered today while re-reading The Plot Chickens together on the couch. It's great stuff, especially for any child with a spark of the aspiring writer in her.
So, this week was truncated due to our mini-vacation, so rather than break everything down by subject (which feels artificial anyways) I'll just note that we ...
- watched The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader
- met with our geography club to celebrate Antarctica.
- watched Shackleton's Antarctic Adventure
- made an ice cream map of Antarctica (Doofus In Chief forgot to take a picture)
- almost finished Island of the Blue Dolphins
- read D'Aulaire's Columbus (with Eliza)
- listened to Mystery at Chilkoot Pass in the car.
- played Learning Resources Dino Math Tracks Place Value Game
- burned our way through The Complete Writer: Writing with Ease:
- spent a surprisingly long time (Eliza) watching math videos at Khan Academy.
- bought some new baby chicks!
And tonight, in honor of fourteen years of wedded cohabitation, the Professor and I will sallying forth upon the town. Want to know a secret? I'm ready for a little adult time.