Friday, May 20, 2011

Weekly Wrap-up

Here's a question. Do you think that the enjoyment of great picture books is a valid reason to keep having children?

(This is not an announcement.)

The Plot ChickensI merely ask, because as Caroline gets older, often listening in on her siblings' longer reads, sometimes days go by where we forget to cozy up with a picture book. And that's a crying shame, as I remembered today while re-reading The Plot Chickens together on the couch. It's great stuff, especially for any child with a spark of the aspiring writer in her.

So, this week was truncated due to our mini-vacation, so rather than break everything down by subject (which feels artificial anyways) I'll just note that we ...



And tonight, in honor of fourteen years of wedded cohabitation, the Professor and I will sallying forth upon the town. Want to know a secret? I'm ready for a little adult time. 


2 comments:

NeedANap2 said...

Hope you had a great date! :)

I'm not sure how I found your blog but it's nice to "meet" another homeschooling mom. Thanks for the recommendation for The Happy Hollisters (giveaway post May 6). The book sounded great and my hubby found 4 on ebay for our daughter's birthday (can be difficult sometimes to find affordable good books and good gift ideas for our oldest). Hope you're having a good (and blessed) day! :)

Julie said...

Happy anniversary!