Yes, that's right ... two giveaways in one week. But before I announce the next one, we have a winner for the Upcycled Word drawing. Eclectic Mama, come on down and choose your prize!
Now. Consider the following.
1. It's Friday.
2. It's Mother's Day weekend, and most of you (I think) are mothers, have a mother, or have had a mother.
3. I just found out that The Happy Hollisters is back in print. Gee whillikers! (Second only to Trixie Belden in my estimation ... any other fans out there? Although, in the process of finding out about The Happy Hollisters, the scales fell from my eyes: Did you know that Franklin W. Dixon (purported author of The Hardy Boys) and Laura Lee Hope (ostensible writer of The Bobbsey Twins) are really just pseudonyms for a team of writers? Did everyone know this except for me? Are you all laughing smugly right now at my naiveté?)
4. I tend to digress a lot.
5. I love to walk into my kitchen in the morning and light my clean-burning peppermint candle from Way Out Wax. It wakes me up in the cheeriest of ways -- better than coffee!
6. Way Out Wax is a small, socially/environmentally responsible Vermont-based company that uses 100% essential oils in their products -- no synthetic fragrances or additives.
7. Way Out Wax is also very generous.
For all these reasons, one of you will be getting $25 worth of aromatherapeutic candles, all-natural bug spray, clean air spray, pet shampoo (!) or whatever tickles your fancy from Way Out Wax!
Take a look: lots of great scents, or even non-scented candles, if that's your thing. And no vanilla candles. I'm philosophically and psychologically opposed to vanilla candles.
But if you like vanilla, well ... I suppose we can still be friends.
To enter, just tell me either 1) your favorite candle scent, preferably from the WoW website, or 2) your favorite childhood mystery series. Random, huh? Or, you could do both! Enter twice! Tell your friends about it on Facebook, Twitter, whatever you use, and notify me here for another entry.
You have until 11:59 p.m. Sunday, May 8, Mother's Day. May the force be with you.