Thursday, March 27, 2008

What's My Name Again?

Today is one of those days when I feel like have six kids instead of three. Seriously -- Anne, I don't know how you do it. In the 25 seconds of personal time I just stumbled upon, I had to get this down. A five minute sample of this morning: We're outside, #3 wants help riding the zipline, which requires my constant presence, then #2 bursts into tears because, while on the tire swing, #1 has accidentally hit her with a flying ball. She screams -- "MAHMEEEE!" While investigating I find that her shirt is splattered with mud. I send her for the Oxyclean. #3 suddenly needs to go potty (with me, of course). Taking her there, we see the length of bloodstained tissue, leftover from a bleeding nose, that's decorating the bathroom sink. I leave #3 and go in search of #1 to get rid of the tissue. #2 comes to complain that she can't find the Oxyclean. #3 still needs to go potty. My cup of coffee is still sitting in the coffeemaker since I haven't had a moment to pour it into a cup. I feel like a toddler myself, running randomly from one location to another in my house/yard. Except my mantra is: "Just a minute, honey."

Gotta go, #2 just bumped her chin and is having a meltdown. #3 is clinging to my leg asking where her rice cake is. #3 is reading Where's Waldo and trying to ignore it all. Lucky him. :-)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Where's Waldo...haven't seen that one in a while! I don't know how you guys do it...two kids seems like too many for me to keep up with sometimes. LOL