Friday, January 23, 2009

Big people, big world

Tim and I were busy acting like adults this morning, meeting with our financial advisors while we let the TV babysit our children (Man Vs. Wild, Season 1 just arrived from Netflix).

Note on the financial advisors: We really like them, and if anyone wants a recommendation, just ask me. They have convinced us that we will NOT go bankrupt before Tim graduates, and they also congratulated me on keeping our household expenses so well under control. Which is good thing, because if they'd said anything else about our household expenses, I might have thrown something sharp at them.

Kidding. Mostly.

But we are being responsible parents, dealing with life insurance and educational savings accounts and retirement and all that, especially once we have an actual job, with an actual salary. How nice.

Speaking of salary, Caroline eventually wandered out and climbed into my lap. "Depending on your salary ..." one of the gentlemen was saying, and my girl perked up. "Celery? I want some celery sticks!" She made a beeline for the brimming Tupperware in the fridge.

A few minutes later, back on my lap, she heard him run through a list of life-insurance carriers (we need more than we currently have). He mentioned "Nationwide," and as if on cue, she began singing, "Nationwide is on your side!" (Remember the really annoying and ubiquitous commercials during the Olympics? Clearly, they had their designated effect.)

Holy bananas! Tim and I have a date tonight! Even more adult-ish! The children are all spending the night at their grandparents'. We have NO plan. But it'll be just the two of us.

Yup. Believe it.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

The Nationwide story is all to familiar to me...reminds me of the time Henry (at age 2) pointed out the bear on the Charmin TP package and said, "Cha-Cha-Cha!" *sigh*

Have fun on your date!!