The count continues, the awakening continues, the noticing of all that is beautiful about the mundane, the lovely, the shabby around me.
107. Eyes that see
108. Legs that walk, even with a sore knee after Saturday's 12-mile run
109. A cup of coffee in the morning
110. A cup of peppermint tea in the afternoon
111. A homemade omelet at a friend's kitchen table after that 12-mile run, with laughter and tears to wash it down. Thank you Greta!
112. Unmerited favor from friends: Picking up their boys after hours at our house, they leave a bag of chocolate, coffee, apples and oranges. Thank you Joel and Laurie! May I be infected with such a generous spirit.
113. Warm January breezes and afternoons at the park before the cold front rolls in
114. Takeout delivered by my neighbor to help feed all the extra kids at our house (including her own). Thank you Emily!
115. The five year old improvising, full-throated, on the swing.
"Walking under the GOLDEN SUN!
Praising God for what He has done.
Praise Him for my money, so I can spend it
Praise Him for my nice warm house ... oh!
Walking under the GOLDEN SUN ..."
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
116. Kids playing Capture the Flag at dusk in the yard
117. A husband who gets up at night to answer the puppy's bladder-call
118. Puppy love.
119. The ultimate status update: Being released from sins (as a prisoner) to become a king and priest to God (Rev. 1:5-6). Because He loves us!