Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Inspiration


"Life works better when we know how to glance at things but gaze at God. Seeing Him clearly will enable us to see all other things clearly." 
- Selwyn Hughes


Some links for you-all-everybody:
1. Distractible? Prone to multitasking? Join the club. That's why I loved HomeGrown Mom's post, The Sacred Hours. Applies to non-homeschoolers as well.

2. Ann at Holy Experience shared an incredibly honest snapshot of marriage ... and of love life in particular. Any moms relate?

3. Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Curd Filling -- I made this with regular lemons, made it gluten-free, and my dinner guests love love loved it. Go forth and conquer, my domestic divas. 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Number 3 just made me swoon. Oh my goodness. Must try that.

annie said...

I want to make this, too! I'd love to know how you made it gluten free...did you use an all-purpose gluten free flour? Or a mix of your own? I'm in a lemon mood....must be something about January. :)

Julie said...

Wow sounds yummy, any left overs?:)Weird...we've been in lemony moods too...(the annie comment) :)

Hannah said...

Annie and anyone else interested: I made it gluten-free by substituting Pamela's Baking Mix for the flour. As suggested on the Pamela's package, I just reduced or eliminated the leavening, i.e. baking soda and powder.
Hope that helps!

Raji P. said...

Sacred Hours is such a beautiful concept.

annie said...

Hi Hannah! Thanks so much! I was going to check back today to see if you replied, but thank you for coming here to make sure I saw your answer! I'm new to your blog (came via Melissa Wiley) but added it to my reader. :) We're new to gluten free baking and I'm always looking out for more inspiration :)

Angela Mills said...

Thanks for the link :-) I am going to go check out that cake!