Saturday, May 31, 2008

Warning: Whining

Just a question to throw out there.

How is it that a child you love so much can drive you so crazy? And, as a corollary, how is it that you can love so much a child who can drive you so crazy?

Just, um, wondering, that's all.

Nothing whatsoever to do with the evening's trip to Central Market with my two youngest (Ian and Tim are at the much-anticipated taekwondo lock-in for the night), and the fact that I heard from the mouth of ONE of them, as I tried to find the five grocery items on my list, the word, "MAMA!" every 2.5 seconds. And it's not like there's anything patently WRONG with this behavior; it's not like I can say, "Please stop calling me," or "please stop needing my attention so goshdarn constantly," as I entertain myself with deep breaths and an imaginary cash register in my head that goes ca-ching! every time I hear the summons.

Nothing to do with all that, of course. Nothing at all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahah. Too bad I didn't run into you guys at CM again, or else you would have found at least a little respite from "Mama" as they called out "It's Melissa" from the other side of the store.